1. We first ask them how they installed the polymeric sand.
– Were the pavers damp during the polymeric sand install ?
– Was there cement dust on the pavers coming from cutting the pavers, or wall pieces directly on the paved surface in question ?
– We ask them if they properly rinsed off all the polymeric sand residue off the paver surface ?
– We ask them if they used a blower at the end of the installation to remove all standing water left in the paver crevices.
– This standing water contains polymers and might leave a haze at the bottom of the crevices when dry if not removed.
2. If they “Say“ they followed all our back of bag installation steps and still got a haze, chances are that it is very minor.
3. Our response is wait for 3 to 5 good rainfalls, this will make at least 80% of the haze dissipate. The remaining 20% will go away with subsequent rain fall.
4. The Alliance polymeric sands do not contain cement. Hence the rainfall being slightly acidic will clean off our polymer residue haze. Some competitors put cement in their mix,this type of haze is very hard to remove. An acid wash using the Efflorescence Cleaner is recommended.